We understand that the complex and time consuming nature of your tax liability, reporting obligations and the legislative requirements are often exacerbated for SMEs and family-owned businesses when your business affairs inevitably overlap your personal affairs.
We work closely with you to develop a thorough understanding of your business affairs and provide properly integrated advice for tax management and compliance, while providing meaningful financial reporting that enables you to implement effective budgeting and cash flow management strategies that prepare your business for growth, sale or succession.
Business Structures & Asset Protection
Appropriate business structures are fundamental to effective management practices for the day-to-day operation of your business, tax management and asset protection.
Our Business Structures & Asset Protection services include:
- Consultation for selection of the appropriate entity for your circumstances including coordination of business name and registration of your Australian Company Number (ACN) and Australian Business Number (ABN) along with registration as required for Tax File Number, GST and FBT.
- Coordination of Company, Trust and Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSE) documentation
- Advice for Directors including selecting directors and understanding the obligations imposed on directors
- Consultation and advice for limiting the personal exposure of business owners
- Advice with regard to asset ownership now and as it applies to your estate
- Reviewing business structures as businesses evolve and business owners’ circumstances change
- Corporate Governance analysis and implementation of internal controls to safeguard against fraud, pilfering and other misconduct
Targett Wellman comprises qualified and experienced chartered accountants who understand that SME and family-owned businesses require a practical and straightforward approach to achieve business development and for meeting growth or expansion targets. However, in addition to providing technical knowledge, we also understand the personal circumstances of business owners and this enables us to offer an objective rationale capable of marrying technical advice with the realities of personal or individual circumstances.
Our roles are to plan and strategise. We share our significant knowledge and experience to inform, advise and recommend options for business owners so that you may implement an appropriate course of action for achieving outcomes.
Our growth and expansion strategy services include:
- Financial and strategic planning including preparation of the business plan
- Analysis of financial data including application of financial ratios and benchmarking
- Financial statement review (to identify opportunities and potential challenges)
- Business management mentoring
- Cash flow projections
- Risk management
Business owners need strategies for exiting their business whether by planned succession or business sale, or an unexpected or forced exit due to death, disability, divorce or as a result of fraudulent activities by you or a business partner. Exiting your business will have significant financial and tax impacts that must be considered and addressed.
Our services include:
- Advice for succession management, business structures & asset protection
- Possible tax scenarios
- Coordination of business valuations, Buy-Sell Agreements
- Personal Risk and Key Man insurance strategies
- Finance / lending services
- Advice and coordination with legal representatives when preparing Wills, Testamentary Trusts, shareholding agreements and group re-structures to ensure your financial and tax position is seamlessly integrated with your legal position and estate.